[squid-users] squid supprts HTTP long-polling?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Sep 9 13:34:42 UTC 2020

On 9/09/20 5:44 pm, Masanari Iida wrote:
> Hello List,
> I would like to know if squid support "HTTP Long-polling".
> As I see  https://wiki.squid-cache.org/StandardsCompliance
> page, HTTP Long-Polling (RFC6202) is not on the list.
> So I guess the squid does not support "HTTP Long-polling".
> Correct?

That RFC is not a feature or extension specification. There is nothing
specific for Squid to support.

What that RFC does is define the a technique for how to *use* HTTP
mechanisms and a list of problems that can occur when the behaviour is
relied on.

Squid supports all the HTTP mechanisms relied on by long polling.
Though you can expect serious admin to have tuned their proxies to
prevent the network abuse and security risks that behaviour relies on.