[squid-users] Forwarded-for functionality(squid)

piyush.gaba at orange.com piyush.gaba at orange.com
Tue Sep 8 09:01:27 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

I would like to ask for your inputs/resolution for one of the issues that I am facing while using forwarded_for functionality with new version of squid i.e. v4.13

UseCase:
I have a client, a webserver and squid hosted in 3 different VMs. I have set up interfaces in such a way that Client cannot access webserver directly, but only through squid proxy.(Works fine)

Now, When I append forwarded_for off to my squid.conf and then curl the webserver from client [ curl {Webserver.mgmtIP} ], the expected logs on webserver should have, "unknown" at the end of line.
And if there is nothing appended or forwarded_for on is appended, it should have "Client_IP" at the end of the line in log file.
But I am not getting expected output.

PFA squid.conf ,output at httpd , httpd.conf.

After several tries, I am looking forward for your help/advice.

Thank You.

Bien cordialement,
Piyush Gaba