[squid-users] Squid ICAP DNS lookup failure fixed?

VON EUW Andreas andreas.voneuw at axa.com
Fri Sep 4 13:18:38 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I'm using squid 3.5.20 and I'm having the same problem as Aashima Madaan in his Mailing list thread from 4 years ago.
After Squid Server Restart the ICAP Integration is failing, after some minutes DNS resolution was done successfully and everything is fine.
Like in the Post from Aashima:
https://squid-users.squid-cache.narkive.com/YZLtJNiW/dns-lookup-fails-initially-for-fqdn-in-squid#post12

>From the thread I can see that there was made some kind of patch. Is this DNS resolving issue fixed in a new Squid version?

Regards, Andy

Ce message est confidentiel; Son contenu ne represente en aucun cas
un engagement de la part de AXA  sous reserve de tout accord conclu
par ecrit  entre vous et  AXA.  Toute publication,  utilisation  ou
diffusion,  meme partielle,  doit etre autorisee prealablement.  Si
vous  n'etes pas  destinataire  de ce message,  merci  d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

This message is  confidential;  its  contents  do not  constitute a
commitment by AXA  except where provided for in a written agreement
between you and AXA.  Any unauthorised disclosure,  use or dissemi-
nation, either whole or partial,  is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient of the message,  please notify  the sender imme-
diately.