[squid-users] When connection closed when trying connect some urls

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Oct 26 18:31:01 UTC 2020

On 10/26/20 11:43 AM, Ben Goz wrote:

> The real issue is that I get TCP_MISSED_ABORTED/000 and the browsers
> gets timed out when connecting to https://dicountbank.co.il.

> How can i further investigateĀ this issue

On the surface, it sounds like your Squid does not receive a response
from the DNS or HTTP server (fast enough), resulting in client timeouts
and TCP_MISS_ABORTED/000 access.log records.

There are several ways to find out the reason behind the timeouts. For
example, one can exclude or confirm DNS timeouts by monitoring DNS
transactions using wireshark. The easiest method for _me_ is to analyze
Squid debugging logs, but I do not recommend doing that without good
Squid code knowledge.

Can you isolate the problem to a single transaction that you can
reproduce at will, with no other traffic going through your Squid? If
yes, then you can try posting a link to a compressed cache.log with
debug_options set to ALL,9 while reproducing the problem. Hopefully,
somebody with enough Squid code knowledge will triage the problem for
you. See Squid FAQ for more details:
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting#Debugging_a_single_transaction