[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Oct 16 14:48:53 UTC 2020

On 10/16/20 10:41 AM, Vieri wrote:
> BTW how does Squid decide which IP address to use for "local" here below?
>
> sendRequest: HTTP Server conn* local=<SQUID_PICKS_ONE>

By default, Squid does not make that decision. The OS does it for Squid.
You can try to force Squid to bind to a specific source address for
outgoing TCP connections using tcp_outgoing_address.

> I tried specifying a bind address in http_port and https_port as well as routing traffic from that address out through just one ppp interface, but that doesn't seem to change the way "local" is assigned an address.

By default, there is no direct relationship between Squid listening port
address and the source address of outgoing TCP connections.