[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 16 14:07:42 UTC 2020

Hi,

I think I found something in the cache.log I posted before.

sendRequest: HTTP Server conn* local=PUB_IPv4_ADDR_3
sendRequest: HTTP Server conn* local=PUB_IPv4_ADDR_2

It seems that Squid sometimes connects to the remote HTTP server with either one of the available addresses on the Squid box (eg. PUB_IPv4_ADDR_2, PUB_IPv4_ADDR_3, etc). These addresses are on ppp interfaces. In fact, I noticed that if the Firefox client shows this error message in its console as in my previous post:

The connection to wss://ed1lncb62801.webex.com/direct?type=websocket&dtype=binary&rand=1602830016480&uuidtag=5659FGE6-DF29-47A7-859A-G4D5FDC937A2&gatewayip=PUB_IPv4_ADDR_2 was interrupted while the page was loading.

then I see a corresponding 'sendRequest: HTTP Server conn* local=PUB_IPv4_ADDR_3' when trying to connect to the same origin. So I'm deducing that the remote websocket server is expecting a client connection from PUB_IPv4_ADDR_2 when in fact Squid is trying to connect from PUB_IPv4_ADDR_3 -- hence the "interruption" message.

My test Squid instance is running on a multi-ISP router, so I guess I have to figure out how to either force connections out one interface only for the Squid cache or tell Squid to only bind to one interface.

It's only a wild guess though.

Vieri