[squid-users] Help with with delay pools

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Oct 14 23:12:14 UTC 2020

On 15/10/20 7:52 am, Service MV wrote:
> Hello everyone, I don't know if anyone can help me with this configuration.
>
> acl Domain_Users note group AQUAAAAAAAUVAAAA7TIfbORUj8PLQv4YAQIAAA==
> delay_pools 1
> delay_class 1 1
> delay_parameters 1 2500000/2500000
> delay_access 1 allow Domain_User
>
> What I am looking for is to limit each individual user to 20 Mbit/s. But
> I don't know if I'm really limiting all users to 20 Mbit/s with this
> configuration.
> Please, if someone with more experience could tell me if I am doing it
> right?

You are not. The above limits all members of that group across the
entire network to share 19/Mbit/s.

To fix:

* for 20Mbit/s absolute speed set -1/2621440. That means maximum of
20Mbit (2621440) can be available for use, and fully refill the
available amount each second.

* for per-username limits set a class 4 pool with "none" (or older Squid
"-1/-1") for the limit parameters your policy does not care about.

So it should look like:

 delay_pools 1
 delay_class 1 4
 delay_parameters 1 none none none -1/2621440
 delay_access 1 allow Domain_User

HTH