[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 13 15:21:37 UTC 2020

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 3:55:56 PM GMT+2, Alex Rousskov <rousskov at measurement-factory.com> wrote:

> The beginning of the above log appears to show some unofficial bootstrapping steps.

Yes, I was looking into this today and I saw that the actual difference between a manual build and a Gentoo Linux build is with the following:

1) the build fails as mentioned earlier in this thread when running Gentoo-specific "configure" scripts. Bootstrapping makes no real difference.

econf: updating squid-5.0.4-20200825-rf4ade365f/cfgaux/config.sub with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.sub
econf: updating squid-5.0.4-20200825-rf4ade365f/cfgaux/config.guess with /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.guess
./configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/squid-5.0.4 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/squid-5.0.4/html --with-sysroot=/ --libdir=/usr/lib64

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything wrong with the third line and the parameters passed to configure (unless disable-dependency-tracking could have some side-effects).
So I guess the problem might be with the first and second lines where some config scripts seem to be replaced.
The timestamps in /usr/share/gnuconfig/config.{sub,guess} are more recent than the ones distributed in the Squid tarball.

2) the build succeeds even when using the Gentoo build environment just as long as I do not run the Gentoo-specific econf (configure) script but "./configure" instead.

I guess I will need to bring this up on the Gentoo forum to see what's going on. I am not instructing the build system to "patch" cfgaux so I guess "econf" automatically detects something in the squid tarball that makes it patch the config.* files.

Thanks for your time.

Vieri