[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Oct 13 13:55:54 UTC 2020

On 10/12/20 7:35 PM, Vieri wrote:

> I'm compiling on a Gentoo Linux system the tarball taken from
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v5/squid-5.0.4.tar.gz.

> The build log (failed) is here (notice the call to make -j1):

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1no0uV3Ti1ILZavAaiOyFIY9W0eLRv87q/view?usp=sharing

The beginning of the above log appears to show some unofficial
bootstrapping steps.

* If you do not have to bootstrap official tarballed sources, then start
with the ./configure step.

* If you have to bootstrap tarballed sources, then use ./bootstrap.sh to
do that.

In most cases, the first bullet is applicable if you have not modified
any auto-generated source files.

> If I build from git f4ade36 all's well:

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y-3wlDT_OrwSp7epvDq63xpkYv8gu9Pq/view?usp=sharing

FWIW, this log appears to show the official bootstrapping sequence
(bootstrap.sh).