[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Sun Oct 11 16:08:09 UTC 2020

On 10/11/20 11:03 AM, Vieri wrote:

> If I manually create the tests subdirs and run make then I get an error such as:
>
> /bin/sh ../../libtool  --tag=CXX   --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wcomments -Wshadow -Woverloaded-virtual -pipe -D_REENTRANT -O2 -pipe  -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed -o libdiskio.la  DiskIOModule.lo ReadRequest.lo WriteRequest.lo libtests.la AIO/libAIO.la -lrt Blocking/libBlocking.la DiskDaemon/libDiskDaemon.la DiskThreads/libDiskThreads.la -lpthread IpcIo/libIpcIo.la Mmapped/libMmapped.la
> libtool:   error: cannot find the library 'libtests.la' or unhandled argument 'libtests.la'
> make[4]: *** [Makefile:868: libdiskio.la] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory '/var/tmp/portage/net-proxy/squid-5.0.4/work/squid-5.0.4/src/DiskIO'

Your build environment or procedure is broken or unusual. Unfortunately,
I cannot say more based on the tiny error snippets you have shared so
far. Do you use git sources or bootstrapped tarballs? If you use git, I
would start from scratch and share the complete output of the following
commands:

    git checkout f4ade36
    make -k distclean > /dev/null
    ./bootstrap.sh && ./configure && make -j1

> This may be a dumb question, but where are the build instructions for libtests.la?

AFAICT, that library does not exist in my v5- and master-based builds.
However, you may be able to answer questions like that by searching
bootstrapped sources. For example:

    fgrep -RI libtests /var/tmp/portage/net-proxy/squid-5.0.4

Cheers,