[squid-users] I want to know the concerns of load testing

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Oct 9 14:10:04 UTC 2020

On 10/9/20 8:59 AM, m k wrote:

> The CPU is not 100%, but the number of simultaneous connections does not
> exceed 450.

The average number of active concurrent connections is offered request
rate multiplied by mean response time. Thus, if you want to see more
active concurrent connections, you have to increase request rate and/or
delay packets/origin responses, but be aware that this metric is a
derivative, and playing with derivatives often leads to misleading results.

I hope others will answer your other questions about socks and FIN_WAIT.
You might also be able to find answers to those questions in the mailing
list archive.

HTH,

Alex.