[squid-users] websockets through Squid

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 7 08:08:24 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to allow websockets from specific domains through Squid in intercept sslbump mode.

One of the clients reports:

Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at
wss://ed1lncb62202.webex.com/direct?type=websocket&dtype=binary&rand=1602057495268&uuidtag=C99EG7B6-G550-43CG-AD72-7EA5F2CA80B0&gatewayip=X.X.X.X.

This is what I have in my squid configuration:

acl foreignProtocol squid_error ERR_PROTOCOL_UNKNOWN ERR_TOO_BIG
acl serverTalksFirstProtocol squid_error ERR_REQUEST_START_TIMEOUT
on_unsupported_protocol tunnel foreignProtocol
on_unsupported_protocol tunnel serverTalksFirstProtocol
on_unsupported_protocol respond all

I am obviously not using on_unsupported_protocol properly.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Vieri