[squid-users] SQUID src/Tools.cc

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue Nov 24 03:51:58 UTC 2020

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 11:19 PM raki ben hamouda wrote:
>
>     I'm a higher institute student and while I'm taking a look at
>     https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/blob/master/src/tools.cc
>     I did not understand the functions provided by this code tools.cc.
>
>     Could you explain it to me in a detailed way?

Development-related questions are more appropriate for the squid-dev
mailing list, but even there, it is very unlikely that a question like
this would motivate somebody to spend the time necessary to detail every
one of the ~40 functions in that file!

> And especially  mail_warranty(void)

To understand what that function is for, try checking how it is _used_.
You will find that mail_warranty() is called only from the function
called death() and only when Config.adminEmail is set. You can search
for Config.adminEmail description in src/cf.data.pre. Its formatted
version (which loses its Config member association) is at
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_mgr/

HTH,