[squid-users] mime deny not working anymore

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Nov 13 07:52:39 UTC 2020

On 13/11/20 7:19 am, robert k Wild wrote:
> hi all,
>
> can anyone say why this isnt working anymore, im scratching my head
> thinking about it
>
> #deny MIME types
> acl mimerep rep_mime_type "/usr/local/squid/etc/mimedeny.txt"
> http_reply_access deny mimerep
>
> and in my
>
> /usr/local/squid/etc/mimedeny.txt
>
> application/octet-stream
> application/x-msi
> application/zip
> application/vnd.ms-cab-compressed
>
> but when i go on 7zip website and download an exe, it allows me to
> download it

Have you checked the Content-Type on the reply message is actually on
that list?
  The one(s) I get by following your described test are, but that is no
guarantee you see the same.

Any hints in the cache.log ?

For troubleshooting use "debug_options ALL,1 11,2 28,3" to see the
traffic message headers and what ACLs are applied.