[squid-users] HTTPS_PORT AND SSL CERT

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at mediactivegroup.com
Wed May 27 07:54:57 UTC 2020

Unfortunately, i've just compiled/ and built deb packages a fresh new squid 4.11
Now SSL support should be fully operational, but the certificate i still not showing the intermediate.

I just tried https_port 8443 tls-cert=/etc/squid/wildcard.mycompany.com.pem
where in the pem file i have in this precise order:

  *   cert key
  *   server cert
  *   intermediate cert

openssl client shows only the cert issuer, as it should show both.
Did I missed something ?

On 26/05/20 7:24 pm, Julien TEHERY wrote:
> To make it work all the time i had to add my intermediate certificate
> (thawte) in the local store, so that means intermediate certificate has
> not been delivered by the squid server as it should.

The experimental GnuTLS support in Debian package does not yet support
certificate chains. That is still some ways off.

For now if there is a chain with intermediate certificates you still
need to use an OpenSSL build of Squid.