[squid-users] squid configuration with c-icap

Amiq Nahas m992493 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 07:14:21 UTC 2020

Hi Guys,

At this point, I have got squid installed on my system. I think it is
working fine since I can browse the internet by adding a manual proxy
in firefox at localhost:3128.

What I want now is to configure squid such that it passes the request
to c-icap. Something like mentioned in this image
https://postimg.cc/qgsfRbWc

To elaborate, I want to run a squid proxy such that every time the
browser or any other application on a system makes request to a url,
the squid proxy receives it. Then, squid sends it to the c-icap
server. On the c-icap server there would be a custom module (C
program) which takes the url as the input and the custom module will
decide whether the url should be allowed or not.

https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/ContentAdaptation/C-ICAP
The link above shows the configuration using squidclamav. I do not
want to use that. I just want squid proxy to send requested urls to
c-icap server after that the c-icap server will decide whether to
block or allow the url. I will handle the block and allow part later.
For now I would like to know about how to configure squid such that
all requests from my system are first given to squid proxy which
further passes it to c-icap.

Thanks
Amiq