[squid-users] Bypass squid using iptables

Ben Goz ben.goz87 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 15:49:17 UTC 2020

B.H.

I'm using squid with c-icap module for specific content filtering. I
configured squid with ssl bump so website with WSS won't work on it as
mentioned on squid documentation. So for such URLs (with WSS) I need
bypassing squid. I read in some posts that squid doesn't fully supports
bypassing URLs and best way is to bypasses it via iptables.

Eventually I redirects browser traffic to my proxy machine using local
machine proxy settings, and Its redirects traffic to my machine with IP
x.x.x.x port 3128.

If I want to use the conservative iptables bypassing how should I config my
machine? and how iptables rules should looks like?

Any help will be appreciated.