[squid-users] Sending CONNECT method requests over HTTPS

Ronan Lucio ronanlucio at gmail.com
Tue May 19 17:07:07 UTC 2020

Hi all,

I read a similar thread a couple of weeks ago, but my scenario has
some differences.
Anyway, my need is sending CONNECT method requests over HTTPS as well.

If read the docs and just would like to confirm with you if I got it right:

1)
To send CONNECT method requests over HTTPS I'm supposed to use https_port.
May I use it on the same way as http_port (without intercept, proxy,
or accelerate)?

2)
If I need to apply ACL rules to restrict some destinations, I'm
supposed to use bump_ssl.

Is it right?

Thank you,
Ronan