[squid-users] squid 4.10: ssl-bump on https_port requires tproxy/intercept which is missing in secure proxy method

David Touzeau david at articatech.com
Sun May 17 22:15:12 UTC 2020

Hi we want to use squid as * * * Secure Proxy * * * using https_port
We have tested major browsers and it seems working good.

To make it work, we need to deploy the proxy certificate on all browsers
to make the secure connection running.

In this case, squid forward requests without decrypting them.because
ssl-bump is not added.

But Adding the ssl-bump in https_port is not permitted :

"sl-bump on https_port requires tproxy/intercept which is missing"

why bumping is not allowed ?