[squid-users] Passing XML through squid proxy

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Tue May 5 15:19:15 UTC 2020

On 5/5/20 10:22 AM, Cindy Yoho wrote:

> They are not actually passing a url to the squid server. The nginx config allowed me to have a line as such:
>
> proxy_pass https://calcconnect.vertexsmb.com/vertex-ws/services/CalculateTax

> The xml just got passed straight through to the url in the config
> file.    Is there something comparable in squid I can set to tell it
> where to pass the code?   I am working on getting the wireshark
> packets but the  server is in a secure zone so there aren't any easy
> options for getting a file from it.

I am not intimate with nginx, but its proxy_pass configuration sounds
similar to Squid's cache_peer directive:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/

Beyond that, without packet traces (or Squid cache.logs with
debug_options set to "ALL,2" or higher), it would be difficult for me to
say anything specific.

Good luck,

Alex.