[squid-users] Let Squid use SSL certificate for a parent cache peer

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Tue May 5 10:06:34 UTC 2020

On Tuesday 05 May 2020 at 11:48:12, mariolatif741 wrote:

> Since you said "If the client is participating in the TLS handshake it
> *always* requires the CA to be installed.", then I guess what I want to do
> is not possible.
>
> Can I make Squid send the requests received from the client to the cache
> peer? (so the cache peer would see the requests coming from the Squid
> server and not from the client), I think if this is possible then it'd
> help in my case.

What are you trying to achieve?

It sounds as though you want the client to talk to proxy A, which talks to
proxy B, which sends requests to the Internet, and you want to do content
inspection / filtering on proxy B.

What is the purpose of proxy A?

Regards,

Antony.

--
"Remember: the S in IoT stands for Security."

 - Jan-Piet Mens

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.