[squid-users] squid logging disable based on ACL & kernel: Out of memory

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 1 19:32:45 UTC 2020

On 2/05/20 4:43 am, Akshay Hegde wrote:
> Dear Alex,
>
> Thanks a lot, I started installing new squid on centos8 as you suggested.
>
> I got one more doubt its about logging.
>
> I have below option globally, which I don't want to make "off"
> strip_query_terms on
>
> and my ACL as follows:
> logformat squid_custom %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %Ss/%>Hs %<st %rm %ru %un
> %Sh/%<A %mt
> acl track dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites_track.txt"
> access_log /var/log/squid/full_site_links.log squid_custom track
>
> however for specific ACL I would like to log full URL with query
> parameters, how this can be done ?

If you are upgrading to a Squid with annotation support you can use an
external ACL helper to do the URL mangling you want for a custom log
%note column.
 Otherwise there is only that global on/off setting.

NP: stripping query-string is a very weak workaround for
security+privacy flaws. Any details hidden are being published elsewhere
anyway. All it does is prevent local detection of important information
leaks.