[squid-users] squid logging disable based on ACL & kernel: Out of memory

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri May 1 19:30:38 UTC 2020

On 5/1/20 12:43 PM, Akshay Hegde wrote:

> I have below option globally, which I don't want to make "off"
> strip_query_terms on

> acl track dstdomain "/etc/squid/sites_track.txt"
> access_log /var/log/squid/full_site_links.log squid_custom track

> however for specific ACL I would like to log full URL with query
> parameters, how this can be done ?

I have not tested this, and the results may be version-dependent, but
according to logformat documentation[1], %ru honors strip_query_terms
while %>ru does not:

    logformat strippedFormat %ts... %ru ...
    access_log ... strippedFormat track !specific_ACL

    logformat detailedFormat %ts... %>ru ...
    access_log ... detailedFormat track specific_ACL

[1] http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/logformat/

HTH,

Alex.