[squid-users] Allowing a port only to certain IP/host

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Mar 9 14:48:06 UTC 2020

On Monday 09 March 2020 at 15:43:14, Service MV wrote:

> Hello everyone, I need to enable port 22 in squid but only to a certain
> server (host.domain.com) in particular, so that the rest of the world
> cannot be accessed via SSH.

Squid does not support SSH.

> I would like to know this is the right way to do it:

Use iptables or whatever other firewall software you use on your gateway router
to block all TCP port 22 outbound access except destination host.domain.com

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.