[squid-users] [ext] Squid + ClamAV

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sun Mar 8 10:28:58 UTC 2020

On 2020-03-06 16:24, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it>:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Is this the right place to discuss Squid + C-ICAP + SquidClamAV + ClamAV?
>
> What do you need SquidClamAV for?

Interesting question.

I find information on the web scarce, but here (*) it states "In
practice, configuration with clamd and squidclamav is fastest".

(*) https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/ContentAdaptation/C-ICAP

Is that wrong? Outdated?
Also, squidclamav allows for whitelists, which I don't see mentioned in
the other setups.

Do you believe any of the different configuration outlined in that
document is better?

What do you suggest?
I-CAP + clamd?
I-CAP + libclamav?

Keep in mind I will run clamd anyway for other services.

Or should I ignore that document completely and use something else?

Also, I heard about e-cap, but IIUIC it's still immature. Is that correct?

In any case, are you getting satisfactory performance? Did you need any
tweak to ClamAV config?

  bye & Thanks
	av.