[squid-users] Squid + ClamAV

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Fri Mar 6 15:22:39 UTC 2020

Hello.

Is this the right place to discuss Squid + C-ICAP + SquidClamAV + ClamAV?
Normally I'd look for a specific mailing list, but it seems SquidClamAV
has none.
If this isn't the right place, can someone give a pointer on where to go?

I setup the whole thing and it's working.
However I often get terrible performance (with ClamAV eating a lot of
CPU), but find it hard to understand what is being scanned that takes so
long, ad I find the logs of little help.
Also, this does not seem to be always reproducible, since many sites
will sometimes be very fast and sometimes very slow.

I looked for suggestions on how to tweak ClamAV and/or SquidClamaAV
(e.g. with whitelists), but came up empty.

Any hint?

  bye & Thanks
	av.