[squid-users] Squid 4 and on_unsupported_protocol

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 16:14:14 UTC 2020

Hi,

I'd like to allow whatsapp web through a transparent tproxy sslbump Squid setup.

The target site is not loading:

wss://web.whatsapp.com/ws

I get TCP_MISS/400 305 GET https://web.whatsapp.com/ws in Squid cache log.

I'm not sure I know how to use the on_unsupported_protocol diective.

I have this in my config file:

acl foreignProtocol squid_error ERR_PROTOCOL_UNKNOWN ERR_TOO_BIG
acl serverTalksFirstProtocol squid_error ERR_REQUEST_START_TIMEOUT
on_unsupported_protocol tunnel foreignProtocol
on_unsupported_protocol tunnel serverTalksFirstProtocol
on_unsupported_protocol respond all

How can I change this to allow websockets through Squid, but preferably only for a specific SRC IP addr. acl?

Regards,

Vieri