[squid-users] squid stores multiple copies of identical ETags

Tabacchiera, Stefano stefano.tabacchiera at IGT.com
Fri Jun 26 17:39:59 UTC 2020

>In general, if the same object occuring N times on disk is a problem,

That's the point. There's  a LOT of identical objects on disk.

>you have issues with misconfigured cache_dir parameters. eg the
cache_dir size is too big for the physical disk it is stored on.

I have 2x100gb dedicated disks, ext4 noatime.
Each cache_dir is aufs 80000 16 256.

Where's the issue? I did't even imagine this would lead a multiple copies stores of the same object.

Can you please advise on this?
Thx!

ST

____________________________________________________________________________________ La presente comunicazione ed i suoi allegati e' destinata esclusivamente ai destinatari. Qualsiasi suo utilizzo, comunicazione o diffusione non autorizzata e' proibita. Se ha ricevuto questa comunicazione per errore, la preghiamo di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di cancellare tutte le informazioni erroneamente acquisite. Grazie This message and its attachments are intended only for use by the addressees. Any use, re-transmission or dissemination not authorized of it is prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete all the material. Thank you.