[squid-users] [squid-announce] Squid 5.0.3 beta is available

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jun 20 07:27:43 UTC 2020

On 20/06/20 6:14 pm, mikio.kishi wrote:
> Hi, Amos
>
> Do you have any plans to release the official stable version for squid5 ?
> I'm strongly interested in squid5 features. So, if you have any
> schedules, please let me know.

The release process is documented at
<https://wiki.squid-cache.org/ReleaseProcess>

"stable" happens when I (as maintainer) am confident that there are no
fixable major bugs in the new code.

You do not have to wait for that status to start using any Squid
version. Squid-5.0.1 came out when the code was determined to be usable
for many installations. We just recommend that you test beta releases
well before use.