[squid-users] Squid and c-icap's srv_url_check module

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jun 17 14:55:26 UTC 2020

On 18/06/20 1:32 am, Amiq Nahas wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 10:23 AM Amos Jeffries wrote:
>>
>> On 16/06/20 1:55 am, Amiq Nahas wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> I am trying to use the srv_url_check module to block websites.
>>> I have configured squid with proxy authentication and followed this
>>> wiki: https://sourceforge.net/p/c-icap/wiki/UrlCheckProfiles/
>>> to configure c-icap and srv_url_check. Now, I am having trouble
>>> configuring squid.conf. Below I have shared my configuration of squid.
>>>

>> "I am having trouble" is not sufficient details to investigate a problem.
>
> Sorry my bad.
> So After doing all the above configuration. The browser does not block
> the websites in the blocklist.

If the Browser is doing blocking the request would never reach Squid.

> Browser does prompt for user credentials just like the squid.conf is
> configured to do, but it is not blocking websites.
>
> However, when I execute c-icap-client from command line it blocks the
> blocklisted websites.
> To check with c-icap-client I have used the below command:
> `c-icap-client -s url_check -x "X-Authenticated-User: dXNlcjE=" -req
> "https://www.facebook.com/" -v`
>
> So if the blocking from c-icap client is working but blocking from
> browser is not working then

Please define "blocking from c-icap"

Please define "blocking from browser"

> something must be wrong with my squid.conf or the configuration part
> responsible for making c-icap and squid work together, right?

Unknown.

> So what could be it? Please let me know if any other piece of
> information is required, I am not sure what else could be of use.

Log trace(s) from a transaction that you think is failing to start with.
Squid access.log and c-icap log. Maybe a Squid cache.log trace with
debug_options 11,2 or ALL,2