[squid-users] print errormessage (like %E in ERR_* pages) in squid logfile ?

Dieter Bloms squid.org at bloms.de
Wed Jun 17 13:17:25 UTC 2020

Hello,

more and more clients aren't browser but are programs, which call a
restapi through our squid proxy.

Those clients aren't able to show the errorpage (ERR_*) from proxy in
case the request wasn't successful for any reason.

I added %err_code and %err_detail, but %err_detail is filled with "-" sign all the
time in the logfiles.

For example:
If the connection to a webserver fails %err_code is filled with ERR_CONNECT_FAIL, but
%err_detail is filled with "-" instead of the messages "(110) Connection %timed out"

Is it possible to log the error message like %E in the error pages ?

Thank you very much.

--
Regards

  Dieter