[squid-users] Squid with different HTTP protocol versions

Peng Luo kasim1949 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:03:22 UTC 2020

Hi,

I’ve never used Squid until last week. Squid 4.11 has been set as a proxy
server for my mtk demo board connecting to the internet.

Recently, when I tried to run CTS on a demo board, few network test cases
failed. After tcpdumping and investigating with wireshark, it seems that
the following happens ,

1. demo board performs a 'GET' in HTTP 1.0 to the proxy

2. the proxy then performs this GET to the server, but now it's in HTTP 1.1

3. the server replies in HTTP 1.1 to proxy

4. the proxy replies in HTTP 1.1 to the demo board which *expects response
in HTTP 1.0*

At first I was thinking I chose the wrong server which doesn’t support HTTP
1.0. So I used my laptop to send exactly the same 'GET' to this server. It
replied in HTTP 1.0.

Now the problem is, when my squid proxy communicating to server , it cannot
use the same HTTP protocol version as it communicating to  client. Why?

I tried to find similar problems in the forum. But all I found were more
than ten years ago.

I suppose I must miss something in configuration of squid.

Please help, thanks in advance.

best regards
Frank Law