[squid-users] Server monitoring

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jun 10 19:16:56 UTC 2020

On Wednesday 10 June 2020 at 21:08:35, Ronan Lucio wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> How do you suggest to monitor service availability?
> A know that some people use to monitor a few URLs through the proxy,
> but, I'd like to know if there is any way to remotly monitor squid service.

Do you mean "is it running?"

Or do you mean "how busy is it?"

Or do you mean "is it working and supplying the content it's expected /
supposed to ?"

Or... maybe something else?

So, what it is you want to monitor?

Next question: do you already have some monitoring system such as Icinga,
Zabbix, Nagios, etc., which you use for other systems and services, or is
Squid the first thing you're thinking of keeping a watchful eye on?

Given that information, we might have some ideas, or else pointers to where
else it's worth asking the question.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.