[squid-users] Switch cache peer Parent server for every 30 minutes

Prem Chand premchand142 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:09:44 UTC 2020

Hi ,

My squid cache peer has 3 parent IP’s configured. I need to send HTTPS
requests to the first parent IP for 30 minutes and after to the 2nd parent
IP for 30 minutes and then to 3rd IP for 30 minutes and this switching
needs to happen continuously .I tried round robin but the requests are
equally distributed among 3 parents instead of sending requests to each
parent for 30 mins .Could you please let us know how I can achieve this?

cache_peer first_IP_Address parent 3218 0 no-query  connect-fail-limit=2
cache_peer second_IP_Address parent 3218 0 no-query connect-fail-limit=2
cache_peer third_IP_Address  parent 3218 0 no-query connect-fail-limit=2

Thanks & Regards

Premchand