[squid-users] Disable authentication for squidclient

Sankar S rajashankaran.slm at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 11:30:44 UTC 2020

Hi All,

               I have been running a squid proxy 4.9 compiled version for
my users externally domain accessibility with authentication enabled. now I
want to check my proxy stats via squidclient cache manager.  when I tried
to run this command in my proxy server it throws 407 authentication
required error.  Is it possible to disable authentication for this
operation alone

~/squid_4.9/bin>./squidclient -p 8080 mgr:info
HTTP/1.1 407 Proxy Authentication Required
Server: squid/4.9