[squid-users] Again Error Helper messages

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Wed Jul 8 13:34:37 UTC 2020

On 7/8/20 9:23 AM, Antonino Sanacori wrote:

> I get the following errors on cache.log and daemon.log on my debian
> server with Squid 4.6

> 14:42:49 squid squid[512]: ERROR: helper: {result=BH ...

> Any advices, please?

AFAICT, your helper tells you that it is broken (BH means "Broken
Helper"). You need to figure out why the helper is unhappy. Perhaps the
helper has built-in debugging that you can enable? If not, you may have
to add that debugging.

The underlying problem is most likely unrelated to the following change,
but the new observable side effects are probably due to
https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/2498f93

HTH,