[squid-users] Redirect request to cache_peer using username and passwords

Prem Chand premchand142 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 10:30:05 UTC 2020

Hi Amos,

I tried the configuration that you suggested but I'm getting below error.
It seems the requests are not getting forward to cache_peer. I'm unable to
figure out what is the cause of the issue. If I revert it to my previous
configuration I'm not seeing any issue with  cache_peer's.

** Establish HTTP proxy tunnel to www.google.com:443
* Proxy auth using Basic with user 'username1'
> CONNECT www.google.com:443 HTTP/1.1
> Host: www.google.com:443
> Proxy-Authorization: Basic bGluZTE6dGVzdGluZw==
> Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

< HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
< Server: squid/3.5.27