[squid-users] Redirect request to cache_peer using username and passwords

Prem Chand premchand142 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:59:19 UTC 2020

Hi Amos,

Thanks for the response.

However, what do you want to happen when that user's dedicated peer is
unavailable?
Can it be routed to another peer if a dedicated peer is unavailable?
because each peer is accessed by a different username and password. If
there is an option to route then I will keep a backup peer(Peer4) so if any
one of the peers(Peer1,Peer2,Peer3) is unavailable it can route to the
backup peer and once the unavailable peer become available then traffic
should auto route to them from backup peer.

If there is no option that fits as I explained above then I want to stop
all access for them.

Are you wanting to keep this behaviour?
I don't want to use the round-robin behaviour. I want to route requests to
dedicated Peer/Client.

--
prem