[squid-users] Redirect request to cache_peer using username and passwords

Prem Chand premchand142 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 09:49:06 UTC 2020

Hi,

I need to redirect my clients requests to different Cache_peers using
username and passwords through my proxy. Below is the rough sketch. Can
someone suggest to me how I can achieve this?

Client1(Username1:password1) ->Proxy:443 -> Cache_peer:3218
Client 2(Username2:password2)->Proxy:443-> Cache_peer:3219
.
.
.
.

This is my current configuration, I'm doing round robin through cache_peers
when authenticated with a single username and password in
/etc/squid/squidpasswdfile file

auth_param basic program /usr/lib64/squid/ncsa_auth
/etc/squid/squidpasswdfile
auth_param basic realm proxy
acl auth_users proxy_auth REQUIRED
http_access allow auth_users
http_access deny all
cache_peer Peer1 parent 3218 0 round-robin no-query weight=1
connect-fail-limit=1
cache_peer Peer2 parent 3219 0 round-robin no-query weight=1
connect-fail-limit=1
cache_peer Peer3 parent 3219 0 round-robin no-query weight=1
connect-fail-limit=1

Thanks & Regards
Premchand.