[squid-users] Squid access.log

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jan 16 21:04:06 UTC 2020

On 1/16/20 3:39 PM, Kornexl, Anton wrote:

> Why are some https-requests logged with the correct hostname and no
> fake CONNECT https:443 and other requests are logged without correct
> domain but with fake CONNECT entries

For every specific log record, either there is a Squid bug or you are
dealing with some special traffic that you do not know about (e.g., see
Amos response regarding old redirectors causing such weird entries).

Your best bet may be to find out what exactly Squid receives when it
produces a specific unexpected log entry. You can try to do that using
%>handshake logformat code or, if that does not work, using
tcpdump/wireshark/etc. Once properly collected and shared, the folks
here can help you decode the binary handshake blob and, hopefully,
explain what you are seeing.

Alex.