[squid-users] Squid configuration cache_peer does not take effect?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jan 14 05:28:49 UTC 2020

On 14/01/20 4:45 am, yohan83942 wrote:
> I have read this article before and it has been a long time. The problem
> persists and I'm surprised.
> Do you know when the v5 version will be released? Already 2020.

I am bundling 5.0.1 (beta) later today. As for when it's stable that
will depend on what bugs get found and how hard they are to fix.
Hopefully later this year or early next.

You do not need a Squid version to be stable to use it. Just expect some
bugs.

Code for 5.0.0 (alpha) is available right now at
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v5/> if you are able to self-build.

> Is there a solution?

Only the feature in v5.

There is a hacks, but that requires the peer to be a Squid with SSL-Bump
and requires some tricky config at the peer. It is unlikely to be useful
unless you are admin of both proxies.