[squid-users] Fwd: Squid 4.8 with OpenSSL 1.1.1d

Yaroslav Pushko yaroslav.pushko at globallogic.com
Fri Jan 3 13:40:52 UTC 2020

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the reply, we update our patch with provided changes.

One more thing, with TLSv1.3.

There is site https://3frontoffice.tre.se/login with specific behavior in
the Chrome browser OS X El Capitan.

During establishing TLSv1.3 handshake after successfully send our Client
Hello, the server answers us with Hello Retry Request.

In Squid this behavior interprets next Client Hello peek successfully and
Hello Retry Request peeks as Server Hello.
After that, we splice it and send to OpenSSL and fail handshake
establishing.

Did you already notice such behavior?
Did you have some investigation on this issue, any advice will be pleasant?

Best regards,
Yaroslav.