[squid-users] Exclude dstdomain in access.log file

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:14:40 UTC 2020

Hi people, I have Debian 9 + Squid 3.5.23.

I'm using squidguard to filter domains and URL's, so in
/etc/squid/squid.conf I have:

url_rewrite_program /usr/bin/squidGuard -c /etc/squidguard/squidGuard.conf

I must exclude "hangouts.google.com" domain in /var/log/squid/access.log
file.

So firstly I edited in my /etc/squid/squid.conf file:

acl exclude dstdomain hangouts.google.com
access_log none exclude
access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid

But it didn't work, when I executed "tail -f /var/log/squid/access.log" I
could see logs from hangouts.google.com.

After that I edited again my /etc/squid/squid.conf file:

acl exclude dstdomain hangouts.google.com
access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid !exclude

But it didn't work again.

Please can you tell me what I can do in order to deny logs from
hangouts.google.com ???

Thanks a lot, greetings !!!

Robert