[squid-users] Squid proxy incoming and outcoming connections?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Fri Feb 14 09:43:35 UTC 2020

On 13.02.20 12:29, Felipe Arturo Polanco wrote:
>You only have one port open for Squid
>http_port 3128
>You need two ports, one for HTTP and another for HTTPS.
>Also, if you are going to block HTTPS based on the domain name, you need to
>do sslBump to get the SNI of the destination website and then terminate the
>SSL connection.

No, he does not.

both HTTP and HTTPS can be proxied through the same port, the difference is
https uses CONNECT requests.

He would need different port for intercepting proxy and another for
intercepting HTTPS proxy, but the interception is not configured yet.

>On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:26 PM PatrĂ­cia Sousa <psousadp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Here is the conf file: https://pastebin.com/DKMbwNV6

Emacs is a complicated operating system without good text editor.