[squid-users] Anyone has experience with Windows clients DNS timeout

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Dec 30 10:56:55 UTC 2020

And, yes i agree, DNS over TLS might be slower, but really, if you have to wait seconds for a DNS reply... imagine..
Lots of websites have 10-20 hosts in them, if you have to wait 10 sec for a website, well, im gone already then.

Thats why i also showed the direct tests my internal Authoritive DNS servers. ( and i can pick any host, will show the same results ).

All im saying is, before you are going to hunt for "possible" problems.
Make sure the resolving is perfectly setup.
It will fix at least a lot of problems.

I just dont like Dns over HTTPS..
https://www.zdnet.com/article/dns-over-https-causes-more-problems-than-it-solves-experts-say/

https://www.samknows.com/blog/dns-over-https-performance