[squid-users] How do I rotate access.log?

roee klinger roeeklinger60 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:36:31 UTC 2020

Hey,

I know there is plenty of information on this online but for some reason,
this feature is simply not working for me. I have set logfile_rotate to 10
like so:

logfile_rotate 10

However, when I run "squid -k rotate" only the cache.log file rotates. I am
using a custom log format and have also tried setting it like so according
to the documentation:

logformat xxxx %ts.%03tu %6tr %>a %>lp %Ss/%03>Hs %<st %rm %ru %[un %Sh/%<a
%mt
access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log logformat=xxxx rotate=10

However, running "squid -k rotate" still does nothing for the access.log
file.
I have also checked the proxy user has the proper permissions but it's
still not working, any tips on what is going on and how to get this to work?

Best regards,
Roee Klinger