[squid-users] dhcp

sampei02 at tiscali.it sampei02 at tiscali.it
Sat Dec 12 09:34:56 UTC 2020

I’m using Squid to permit or deny to clients to access to Internet (http/https traffic).
Squid is dmz and It’s using my public DNS to solve names.
Clients are in Microsoft domain.
Client browser is configured to point squid service on 3128 port to access external network (local addresses are bypassed)  and inside squid.conf I’m referencing clients by IP address because until yesterday I used static addresses.
Today I’m going to use DHCP server too, e.g. for notebook, so I’ll use dynamic addresses too.
So I’d like to manage dynamic address to permit/deny Internet access in the same way.
I thought to specify "pc name”, instead of IP address, in squid.conf but Squid server has set DNS public, so It cannot to resolve client name.
Thanks