[squid-users] Questions regarding "store-id" made by helper and log system

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Dec 11 15:01:00 UTC 2020

On 12/11/20 1:42 AM, Thomas PALFRAY wrote:

> When i call the first request of my example of output help, then the
> second, i get a MISS.

For a more complete picture, I would test with four sequential requests,
two with one URL and two with another.

> I suppose that there’s not using the same store-id.

That is one of many possibilities. Your best bet may be to examine Squid
debugging log to understand whether the right Store ID is computed for
each request and, if yes, why the second request misses. See
debug_options in squid.conf.documented.

If setting debug_options to "ALL,7" overwhelms you with noise, try
something like "ALL,3 33,7 47,7 61,7 85,7". If you cannot figure it out,
then use "ALL,9" and share a pointer to compressed cache.log containing
just the two transactions (to start with).

HTH,