[squid-users] FTP proxy

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sun Dec 6 15:44:37 UTC 2020

On Sunday 06 December 2020 at 16:26:26, Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to evaulate FTP proxying with squid and I have a couple of
> questions.
> To be clear, I'm not talking about FTP through HTTP, but about the
> ftp_port option.
> I've used frox (http://frox.sourceforge.net/) in the past for this.
>
> I see this feature was introduced in 3.5 as an experimental one; at 4.13
> is it still so or is it considered stable and dependable?

I can't answer your detailed questions above personally; however I'm sure
someone else here can, but the following point intrigued me...

> (For now I'm not interested in logging, interception, etc..., I just
> need to bypass a firewall easily).

Where is the firewall, compared to your Squid proxy, in the network?

I'm just wondering how you plan to use Squid's native FTP mode to bypass a
firewall, which is therefore presumably blocking FTP...?

> Is there a way to restrict the port range of the additional connections
> (e.g. to 40000-50000)?
>
>   bye & Thanks
> 	av.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.