[squid-users] Does GREASE bug affect squid 4.10 too?

Amish anon.amish at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:59:11 UTC 2020

On 31/08/20 7:05 pm, Amos Jeffries wrote:
> On 1/09/20 1:18 am, Amish wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Recently there has been reports of GREASE bug wrt Google chrome and Squid.
>>
> ...>
>> So can someone please confirm if bug can affect squid version 4.10 or
>> not? And if I upgrade to squid 4.13 will it definitely solve the GREASE
>> issue.
> 4.13 will definitely solve the GREASE issue. I cannot confirm whether
> that is affecting 4.10 or older since those versions pass the values to
> libssl for interpretation - which may or may not have handled GREASE.
>
> You need to upgrade regardless of whether this solves the issue. The CVE
> issues fixed in that release are critical.
>
> If the issues continue or you discover anything more specific about it
> please let us know. :)

Thank you very much for a super quick reply. I will definitely update to
4.13 tomorrow and report back if there is any issue (I hope there is
none. Do not want one more restless day!! Phew!)

You (Amos) and Alex always amaze me on how you manage replying to
queries on the list and also do coding with good documentation too. At
the same time appreciate other developers too.

Thank you again and best regards,

Amish